- Odell Beckham Jr was targeted 10 times and caught 6 passes, but had a whopping 167 yards and a touchdown. Odell is being used a lot in this early season with his new team the Cleveland Browns, getting a target 26% of the time that he runs a route per Espn. This Sunday Odell will face a tougher opponent in the LA Rams, but we’re talking about Odell Beckham Jr he’s bound to produce every week even when facing double coverage. Mark him down as your Wr1 for this upcoming week 3 matchup. Points: 28.1.
- Dalvin Cook with a huge game on his feet with 154 yards on 20 attempts and a touchdown as well as 3 receptions for 37 yards. He was electrifying especially on his 75 yard touchdown run. It is looking early on that Cook is going to carry a heavy load for Minnesota this season in week 1 the Vikings QB Kirk Cousins threw only 10 times. Over the first two games Cook has 46 touches for 311 scrimmage yards through 2 games. For week 3 his match up against the Raiders will be interesting, due to the fact the Raiders defense has turned some heads and have been pretty decent stopping the run game allowing only 2.8 yards per carry on 45 attempts to opposing running backs. Cook is a no doubt starter due to his big play ability, but look for Cook to gain a few more targets in the air this week. Fantasy points: 28.1.
- New England Patriots defense is a little bit of a surprise here where as a defense usually would not be your main producer in fantasy football. The Patriots have only allowed 3 points through 2 games this season and is also the top fantasy defense this year. The Patriots defense finished with 4 interceptions and 2 touchdowns. Their week 3 matchup vs the Jets is heavily in their favor especially with a 3rd stringer Luke Falk starting due to their starting quarter back Sam Darnold being sick with mono and 2nd string QB Trevor Siemian being out for the year with an ankle injury. Fantasy points: 35.
- O. J. Howard played 60 snaps in the win over the Panthers. SIXTY! Howard did not have a single catch. Howard has been disappointing this season. It could be due to quarter back Jameis Winston’s current struggles, but Howard is an extremely talented receiving tight end he is big and quick. His week 3 matchup looks promising against the New York Giants who have let up 2 touchdowns to tight ends through 2 weeks. Fantasy points: 0.
- Alvin Kamara had a down week only rushing for 45 yards on 13 attempts and having only 1 reception for 15 yards which is odd for Kamara. With Hall of Fame quarter back Drew Brees out for 6-8 weeks Kamara will be facing a lot of stacked boxes, knowing that he will be the engine for this offense. Look for Kamara to improve on that 1 reception, while facing a stacked box Kamara can be lethal running short routes and turning them into big gains. Don’t get down on this bad week. Fantasy points: 7.
- Christian Mccaffrey rushed for only 37 yards on 16 attempts which was surprising against a mediocre Tampa defense. He was absent in the passing game as well with only 2 receptions for 16 yards. With Cam Newton hurting his foot, Mccaffrey will see an increase from his 18 touches back to how it was week 1 up in the high 20’s. Hopefully Newton will play giving Mccaffrey a chance to bounce back in the receiving game. Against a weaker front 7 for the Arizona Cardinals Mccaffrey has a high percentage to boom this week, but if Cam does not play could we see another bust week? Definitely a starting running back this week in any lineup being a big play dual threat back. Fantasy points: 7.3.